Updated: Feb 9, 2020
A list that my 24 year-old self wrote that I am still pulling from today!
1. YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE IT. Period.
2. Don't WORRY so much. It won't change anything.
3. Pray about it. All of it.
4. Trust yourself more.
5. HAVE SOME FUN!
6. Don't settle because they say you have to.
7. Go it alone sometimes. You can be more productive that way.
8. Everybody's approval isn't necessary nor does it matter. Prioritize people's opinions.
9. Be careful who you let in your circle.
10. Don't let hurt/disappointment change you for the worse.
11. Be proud of your accomplishments. Small or big. REWARD YOURSELF MORE! It all matters.
12. Don't idolize advice from people who won't have to deal with the consequences of the decision.
13. Believe in yourself MORE. You're awesome and God has great things in store for you.
14. Forgive and move on. Doesn't mean you have to let people back in. Don't feel pressured to get back to where you were with them.
15. Dress up and take pics of yourself. You BAWM!
16. Trust that God has you, even when you don't feel like it.
17. Don't let FEELINGS get in the way of what you know is right. FEELINGS change and actions make a lasting impact.
18. Express what you think. Even if its TOO MUCH for others. It's not about them anyway.
19. Be gracious in all things. Grace outshines effort often.
20. FORGIVE YOURSELF. Don't beat your self up.
21.Think better about yourself. Make it a habit to encourage yourself, REGARDLESS of how you feel.
24. LOVE ❤️
25. You gotta get up.
What would you tell your younger self? Any of the numbers above? Make your own list and share with a sister-friend!
-Your sister-friend Maya